Aust. Geology/Tribolite Solutions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The app on my iphone 13 fails to open. I kept my old iphone 6 and it's ok. I see this as a major safety issue. Take care out there.

The following is from Dave Collins at Trillobite.

There has been a major problem on a large number of iphones - a lot of work to fix.
There should be a release in a few days that fixes it.
Keep an eye on the following - progress is updated regularly.
https://trilobite.solutions/maps/trouble-shooting/

https://trilobite.solutions/maps/
Click the red Data recuse link, I saved this to files.
After opening the link clink the square and arrow scroll right right and clink the last button and open with the trilobite app.
If your out bush don’t try and save trails or drop pins, and don’t simply rely and apps to get you home.
No way I would rely on Tribolite to get me home. I make a camp waypoint on Oziexplorer and also on Exploroz Traveller. I also take a recharging brick.

No way I would rely on Tribolite to get me home. I make a camp waypoint on Oziexplorer and also on Exploroz Traveller. I also take a recharging brick.
Great to see the apps back up and running, but now my thuraya satellite phone is good for bugger all now, as their satellites gone awol, the plan provider pivotal has cancelled plans for the time being after all attempts to get the satellite back on track failed.
I think for a couple hundred you’d be better off with a purpose made gps like one of these at a minimum, it apparently runs for up to a week on a couple AA battery’s.
I recently purchased a Garmin gpsmap 67 and I’m pretty impressed with it after using Garmin rino 750s for the last 7 years.
The problem with apps are they are 2nd party to the phone or tablet and app developers need to keep up with phone firmware updates.

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 0
Well over a hundred satellites, which are all owned by country’s with nuclear capability’s,.
There would be more of a chance of a nuclear war.
One big solar flare could potentially take the whole lot down. We might find out next year during solar maximum for the current sunspot cycle.

Latest posts