Pics from all over Australia - Post up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate bloody things northeast ,had to many boiled shanks on the tea table growing up mate, and potted meat made from them
i think it is just the idea of them being boiled ,
but when we killed our own meat here i would have one every now and then ,baked in the oven 👍

i hate bloody things northeast ,had to many boiled shanks on the tea table growing up mate, and potted meat made from them
i think it is just the idea of them being boiled ,
but when we killed our own meat here i would have one every now and then ,baked in the oven 👍
I know what you mean. I grew up on a sheep farm and had roast lamb, minced lamb, braised lamb, crumbed lamb, lamb curry, lamb chops, lambs fry 🤣

By the time I went to Uni I couldn’t stand it. But, now it would have to be my favourite, especially roast shanks. Love lambs fry and love mum’s crumbed chops.

Can’t say I’ve had boiled shanks though - doesn’t sound appetising! 😳

Kiwi Fred - re: the pic. Are they a heap of power lines in the R) of the pic. I have no idea but would that seem right pre WW1? Maybe pre WW2 and somebody has the location wrong? 🤷‍♂️

Kiwi Fred - re: the pic. Are they a heap of power lines in the R) of the pic. I have no idea but would that seem right pre WW1? Maybe pre WW2 and somebody has the location wrong? 🤷‍♂️
There's no way it's pre-WW1 - troops can't have been lined up BEFORE the war started! I think the giveaway is in the actual original newspaper caption at the bottom, "Avenue of honour". The Ballarat avenue by that name was first proposed in 1917 and constructed between then and 1919, so the suggestion of a WW2 connection seems more likely than WW1.

Of note is the quite extreme height from which the pic was taken - locate a building or something very high, where a large, heavy camera could be placed and that might nail the location.

There's no way it's pre-WW1 - troops can't have been lined up BEFORE the war started! I think the giveaway is in the actual original newspaper caption at the bottom, "Avenue of honour". The Ballarat avenue by that name was first proposed in 1917 and constructed between then and 1919, so the suggestion of a WW2 connection seems more likely than WW1.

Of note is the quite extreme height from which the pic was taken - locate a building or something very high, where a large, heavy camera could be placed and that might nail the location.
Have to agree with your assertions grubstake
Couldnt blow up this section of the photo to get a very clear image , si I may be wrong in my assumption here but the circled green object could be a motor car parked behind the building and if it is , it could be a 1930's era sedan and not one of pre WW1 vintage ..
picture.jpg

Latest posts