GPX Account Opened

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent a couple of days around Rushworth/Whroo this weekend. First outing with the 5k and picked up first gold with it in an absolutely flogged area right next to a well used track. Nice speci in quartz and a little ironstone.....guessing almost a gram. So happy to have got the first one! I'll post a pic when I've given it a bit of a clean.......still have the big grin on my face! :D

Nice going!
Looks a good area around there. Recently went through but unfortunately didn't have time to stop & play :lol:
On my list of placed to go.

Plenty of trash, nightmare that some of the largest operations now have so much rubbish to pick through. There's still some good alluvial to be had for panning and highbanking, my tip would be to a general clean up of an area with a vlf to even up the score a little. Pushed a whites through a gully up there with a mate a few weeks back for multiple sub grammers for a tidy day out in a well known spot, figure not all the areas have been done by the 5ks yet on that score.

Goldtarget said:
Plenty of trash, nightmare that some of the largest operations now have so much rubbish to pick through. There's still some good alluvial to be had for panning and highbanking, my tip would be to a general clean up of an area with a vlf to even up the score a little. Pushed a whites through a gully up there with a mate a few weeks back for multiple sub grammers for a tidy day out in a well known spot, figure not all the areas have been done by the 5ks yet on that score.
yep with u there mate.........almost ready to splurge on an at gold as a backup for that reason, and they seem to be a good relic hunter too :)

Here it is.......posted it in show and tell as well......gotta work out how to get the ironstone out of it without ruining the quartz.

1399939311_2014-05-12_13.09.18.jpg

1399939311_2014-05-12_13.09.40.jpg

1399939311_2014-05-12_13.14.45.jpg

Mate that is a beautiful piece, you should be well proud. What depth was that at if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing near the top.

Off t QLD to see the kids and Grandson for a week, when I get back the piece goes into a bath...........then me and the off sider are off to Inglewood/Wedderburn for a long weekend. Got the bug bad now.........might even stop by on the way home and scratch the trench out a bit more to see if it has any siblings.......maybe even a mother? or father? ;)

Latest posts