hill end with GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo1

Steve
Reaction score
Back from hill end with no gold heaps of lead not sure if I'm using my detector right I will send a photo of all my lead need to go out with someone to teach me how to use my detector steve

If you're getting lead you must be using it right Heathos right just have to walk over the nuggets its a pity they don't yell out to you and let you know they're only a couple of inches to the right or left grrr :(

Gday Stevo,
If your finding lead,then any Nuggets you walk over wont have a hope.
Hill End is a tough place to learn the ropes mate.
I did a stack of trips out there before I found my first bit.
Keep at it :cool:

steveo1 said:
Back from hill end with no gold heaps of lead not sure if I'm using my detector right I will send a photo of all my lead need to go out with someone to teach me how to use my detector steve

did you do the minelab training day ?

if not there is a training day this saturday at Hill End .

ring them in Melbourne head orifice and they might still be able to book you in

Yes I did do the mine lab training about 3 months ago there was about 10 of us

If your getting lead its a fairly good chance your doing nothing wrong & the area you are in hasn't been too thoroughly done so keep persevering.

As pro dude said hill end is a hard area to find gold
It took me 12 months of 3 days a week to
Find my first hill end bit
But if your digging lead it could easily be gold
You don't normaly find one without finding both
So your on the right track !

I must say Im surprised by alot of these posts, i went to hill end last year and found colour in every pan, was only there 15 minutes and found more then i have all year any where else combined

garnethawkins said:
I must say Im surprised by alot of these posts, i went to hill end last year and found colour in every pan, was only there 15 minutes and found more then i have all year any where else combined

That's the difference between detecting and panning mate. Most spots you can always get colour in your pan, detcting can be lot more hit and miss.

DD

Ah i see! Well good to know then, Im heading that way around November and was GOING to spend the majority of time detecting, might make it a panning trip :D