I need to dig Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colmaca

Colin
Reaction score
I'm hanging out to dig some gold but 8.( with 43C this week and big rains last week I'll be lucky to find my way back to the Colour. not much else to read in general chat

Getting very itchy meselfs so it going to be one loooong scratch at Oallen. PMSL.
Gets bad when you get an itch in the middle of your back that can not be reached. :mad:
It is then you start thinking about what size shovel to use. :lol:

looking like 39C Sunday I might give Sunday gully a crack everyone says there none left there but I want to just see a speck in a pan there is more closer but I like they say there not a speck left :) .Since Liz learned me to Pan good :p I will find and show there is some :) If that no work I'll have a beer :p

We are off to Oallen in the morning for a day trip.
With the level at 1mtr, I should be able to give a report over the weekend for the gathering on the 6th February.

Off to have some munchies and then bed for an early rise.

Peter. :cool:

Heading out with Bazza and a mate, have been itching for a while due to the higher than normal levels.
But tomorrow is a goer no matter what.

Will give you the heads up for the gathering.

Peter. :cool:

Colmaca said:
I'M not happy if there no sun I love hot sun 40C = my dream digging temps. 8)

Should have had you at the last one.
Got to 55c.
That was hot... 8)

Went out to Glendon near Warwick the other day and the gullies are completely ripped up big time.
Apparently just after New years eve they had some really big storms up there and did some serious damage.
I was talking to Jason today and he reckons some people were just walking up the gullies and pulling small nuggies from the crick banks and washouts.
I missed that one so I am hoping to be back up there to do some digging and maybe score a few little bits.
Cheers
Brad....

aushunter said:
Went out to Glendon near Warwick the other day and the gullies are completely ripped up big time.
Apparently just after New years eve they had some really big storms up there and did some serious damage.
I was talking to Jason today and he reckons some people were just walking up the gullies and pulling small nuggies from the crick banks and washouts.
I missed that one so I am hoping to be back up there to do some digging and maybe score a few little bits.
Cheers
Brad....
I swung the ATX for a day at Glendon a few months back. When I was leaving i spoke to the young bloke at the office and he told me that I was wasting my time. I should have jumped the fence into the Durikai state forest. I decided to take a look so I walked from the little dam down the back straight across to the back fence. Somebody had been there just before me and raked the forest floor clean at the top of the gully. As I followed the gully down, heading east, every crevice was scraped clean. That place really gets a workout but I'm not surprised that there's still a lot of gold hidden in those gullies at Glendon.

I went out it was very Hot 40C I walked up a 100mtrs up the hill took some samples. no gold was expected but I did see the smallest bit gold known to mankind , I think I will go to my 6 grams @ day patch

I like the sound of that Aushunter--luv Glendon--so does my killer, nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel.
Meet up with you in a cuppla mths if that's ok.??

aushunter said:
Cheers
Brad....

Well Oallen was not good to me this weekend.

Not getting many bits of colour and with dark clouds hanging over head, we called it a day around 130pm.

The was at 1mtr, packed to the hills with campers.

Work has already started on the new crossing albeit just.

With the dark clouds there must of been some rain over night as the below chart shows.
http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN60234/IDN60234.070335.plt.shtml

I hope that the people who were camped close to the river are OK and dry as it shot up quickly.

Peter.

Latest posts