Oiii You, The Lurkers out there ---

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does that work JJ, what is a bot and what would it want to look for information wise ?
jimnyjerry said:
A lot of them cannot join as they are bots.

I think I can count off the top of my bald head around 8 important bots.
The rest would be currant cookies on how many people are browsing the forum.
Without logging on.
We need more members area's only.
Harry ???

I've had this discussion a few times. Now the ratio has drifted to 3:1 and 4:1 guests to members I think it would be fairer to let alot less be viewed being just a guest. I reckon the inactive member list should have a bit of review whilst ideas are being thrown around. It's less about exclusion and more about supporting existing regulars.

I support your call out Doug, and PA is a great place to join.

Stats as of the 01/01/2015
There are currently 111 users online (24 Members and 87 Guests)
Online: AngerManagement, bmzgold, Camo, Eurekaman, GFC07, Goldie, Goldtarget, HeadsUp, Hiluxlou, Kingsolomon, ktmman, Paulmarr, Peko, Ridge Runner, rough2cut, Sodabowski, stoyve, Tathradj, Twapster, Wally69, WalnLiz, willo1, wooly, Zuke_Lynzy
I am going to keep this up.
Thanks all for your input.

Well... I'm glad I posted roughly an hour ago on another thread, which takes me out of the 'lurker' category... ;-)

Just put some washing on the line... maid's day off, obviously ("yeah, right" ;-) so back for another sticky beak...

Regardless .... you can google search and see threads/comments from this forum. How do you stop that.
Ive noticed if i comment and show my finds on the forum i see more people at my fossicking area. Which doesnt bother me as im trying to promote tourism in my beutiful town gympie. If numbers pickup down there on weekends i might open a hotdog stand and cold drinks... :D

Yobskin,
I have seen that happen even down here. :D
Another member and I were discussing an area down at Yambulla. That is right out in the middle of nowhere.
The place we were talking about is a no go area but I was rather surprised to see some people there in the mentioned place
having a bit of a scratch. 8)
End result is we will not mention such places again publicly as we did not want that to happen again to wreck it for us who
do the right thing. :8
Place was like a bloody supermarket car park on a Saturday Morning. :cool:
I did drop the hint that the area is in a sensitive no go for scratching around.

Yep hotdogs cold drinks maby pizza oven....fried rice lol.
Tathradj it is a shame it happens...i think i might start up a fossicking tours biz help guide them in the right direction to start with. Get them wet n dirty for a few specks teach them local history end the tour at the mt pleasant pub $$$ happy dayz. Its what i do now just aint charging people...lol yep im dreaming.

I learnt a long time ago not to share good spots on an open forum as one of my old spots didn't only just cop a hammering but the mess that was left behind was appalling. These days I only share with friends and people who I trust will do the right thing.

Cheers

Oldfella said:
I learnt a long time ago not to share good spots on an open forum as one of my old spots didn't only just cop a hammering but the mess that was left behind was appalling. These days I only share with friends and people who I trust will do the right thing.

Cheers

I have a saying I've stood by for years...."Tell them where you've been...not where you're at". ;)

It's a sad fact that there are people out there who just watch the forums to find areas.
The place where we could pan for $11 per day and be sure of finding gold (some found up to 2 grams a day) is now closed to the casual gold panner as there were disputes with other property owners, police bought in etc.
Some of these guys are full on, jumping fences, digging on private property without permission, leaving the place in a mess.
All because there was plenty of chatter about surrounding creeks on another forum that these guys picked up on.
Others trashed my favorite spot somewhere else, one guy turned up,backed up his ute right in front of me, loaded the back with as much gravel as he and his mate could, then later I found him at a small dam with a huge highbanker and 5 hp pump running his stuff through and having the tailing dump straight into the dam.
Bordering on small scale mining if you ask me.

Just gives every other casual fossickers a bad name.

Now posting the obvious stats again,
There are currently 128 users online (41 Members and 87 Guests)
Online: aussie280, axeman, bourbon, buckshot2585, Chickennugget, Copper, Danmuss, Diggertom, DrDuck, dubbles, frogger, GeoBucks, gezza, GFC07, Goldpick, Jaros, jimm89, Jimmyjamesc, Keen Ken, kleinman98, kmk, kuskus, Lambs73, Nokta Detectors, old hand, Oldfella, Peterjfsh, Pilsner, pjg100, Puddler Bill, redrover, rodney, Salutations, Tathradj, thebeans, TheFossickingKid, tin town, Tricky Dick, Varts, yass00_Au, yobskin
This just down right wrong.
I would say that the ones who dare not show their face or even are just here to filch information are the one's who just don't give a damn on what they will do to just catch a bit of yellow in their pan, or what ever and go all out for hell and wreck the bloody joint.
If you join, You do not have to pay the small pittance. That is just a small recognition for what you will truly find in here.
I would classify you as Greeny Bait which wrecks it for us all.
We have a decent following of people who just want to get out there and no matter what the heck you go home with, It is an outing that would be talked about for months until the itch strikes again.
There is a post about someone who is over the moon about 2 specks they got. At least they joined here to learn about the technique plus the camaraderie on how to get out there and enjoy this fantastic past time. Good On ya Mate.
Join the crew.