What Three Words

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
I just spotted a leaky water main and reported it.

1644113485_cue_water_leak.jpg

Take a look at the address :lol: I'm not kidding you. I tried to report it online but because it needs immediate attention I had to phone in to 131375 but they don't answer so a sent a text to the Cue Shire works manager.

I lived there a few years ago when the shire went into administration.
Don't make too much noise Moneybox them administrators like to throw their weight around. :argh:

Seems like some people aren't familiar with the amazing location aid that Moneybox posted about: what3words. The various complex alpha-numeric compass-bearing systems previously used, can now be replaced by three unique simple words for any 3 metre square location on Earth:
1644277380_w3w1.jpg

1644277380_w3w2.jpg

1644277380_w3w3.jpg

The website for the system is here:
https://what3words.com/guard.cling.radio

The surface area of the Earth is about 150 million square kilometres. That is 150,000,000,000,000 sq metres. So, 37,500,000,000,000 squares of 4 metres (37.5 trillion). That is a lot of words, even given the multiple combinations of 3 words - and all in English or in many languages? How do other speakers feel about that. And presumably long words like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizittenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft and https://youtu.be/HntOU76Sxu4

We already have numeric projection systems that work quite well...and what if a location that you want is the boundary of two squares?

Where is it? look.yourself. a***h*** Stop abusing me, that is the location that I am giving you!

"What 3 words" is used by most of the emergency services in Australia, it's a quick simple way for people to communicate a relatively accurate location anywhere on earth.
I have it on my phone and it integrates with nearly every mapping app I have. It is a simpler way than trying to read out a ton of numbers in an emergency.
There is also an extension that works with Google Earth and Bing Maps.

Greetings from NOT my house ...///heats.passions.gosh

LoneWolf said:
Now we know where MB lives.... lol... :)

I hoped mine would be /// Wolf.Den.Clan.. But its ///not.telling.you. :lol: :playful:

LW....

Move the cursor to the front or back of your property and it will be something else all together, you might get lucky. :playful:

Latest posts